NAME THAT BAND CONTEST
This Tumblr feed is a compilation of the weekly winners of my Name That Band Contest on Facebook. Every Friday my Facebook friends battle it out to name the band and the album from a photo I’ve posted. Comedy abounds.
138. B: Lesly Pyle A: Andy McKeon
137. B: Marc Lefton A: Mark Bell
136. B: Rustie Kaster A: Jim Dooley
135. Special Comedy Album Edition
C: Maurice Freedman A: Hillary Lannan
135. !SPECIAL REBRAND EDITION!
B: Christopher Steinsvold A: Rosana Mojica Forte
134. B: Christopher Steinsvold A: Robert Katzenstein
133. B: Tyler Hampton A: Regina Brennan
132. B: Nate Wells. A: Jon Soto
131. B: Ryan Dancik A: Jon Soto
130. B. Chris Elzinga A: Jim Vaughn
129. B: Sean Reardon. A: David Fisher
B: Emily Reed A: James Robinson
127. B: Maurice Freedman A: Jon Soto
B: Vicki Jennings-Warner
A: Ryan Dancik
B: Jason Harris
A: Mark Bell (and magical reflection photoshop customizations)
124. B: Me. A: Tyler Hampton
123. Performer: David Brady. Album: Ryan Dancik.
122. B: Jon Soto A: David Estoye
121. B: Lesly Pyle A: Marc Einhorn
120. B: Mark Bell. A: Doug Cox
119. B: Paul Curtain A: Maurice Freedman
118. B: Donna Pursel Gleason A: Lesly Pyle
117. B: Bill Stahl A: Mark Mazut
116. A: Mark Mazut B: Ronny Northrop
115. P: Rich North A: Adam Schwartz
114. B. Dion Hughes A: Tyler Hampton
113. B: Mark Mazut A: Debra Sampsell Wilson
112. B: Brent Smart A: Javier Alvarez
111. B: Jon Soto. A: Bob Wendelken
B: Jim Vaughn A: Mark Mazut
B: Tyler Hampton
A: Rich North
108. B: Ian Kalman A: Jim MacNaughton
B: Hillary Lannan
A: Mark Mazut
B. Marc “he’s back!” Einhorn
A. Bob Wendelken
B: Yours Truly
A: Tyler Hampton
B: Hillary Lannan
A: Lesly Pyle
Hillary Lannan named the band and Martha Fuller Stahl named the album.
Band named by Karen Polsky Halstead
Album named by none other than David Estoye.
Artist named by Mark Mazut
Album named by Owen Bly
Band named by Ryan Dancik
Album by Brett Wihera
B: Jon Soto
A: Brent “Smarty” Smart
Band named by Ryan Dancik
Album named by Hillary Lannan
B: Hillary Lannan (from past jobs)
A: Billy Stahl (from the school bus)
Taylor McLam: band
David Estoye: album
B: Bryan Birch A: Rich North
94. B: David Estoy A: James Robinson
(such a friggin great one)
93. Artist named by Dion Hughes. Album named by Tyler Hampton
92. Special Cause Edition.
Event named by Donna Purcel Gleason
Cause named by Javier Alvarez
91. B: David Estoye. A: Jon Soto
90. B: David Estoy A: Yours truly.
B: Steve Rovery A: Jim Dooley
88. B: Patrick Early. A: Javier Alvarez.
Photo found by Brett Wihera
87. B: Dion Hughes A: David Estoye
86. B: Hillary Lannan. A: Mike Tuton
85. B: Pete “from Centerport” Berkery. A: Dave “from Baldwin” Brady
84. Band named by Hillary Lannan. Album named by Ryan Dancik.
B: Ryan Dancik A: Jon Soto
82. Band named by Beau Bouverat and album named by Hillary Lannan.
Band: Sheldon Routh
Album: Jon Soto
80. B: Kevin McMonagle A: Sarah Schuster Kuhnell
Band named by Jon Soto. Album (tie) Mark Mazut and Chris Lindau.
78. Band named by Marcela Muleris and album by Emily Reed
77. Band named by Adam Schwartz. Album named by Ryan Dancik.
76. Band named by Hillary Lannan. Album named by Joe Caccamo.
75. Band named by Mike Alnwick. Album by Mark Mazut.
74. Band named by Shane Decamp. Album named by Hillary Lannan
73. Band named by Tyler Hampton and album named by Dave Brady
72. Band named by Bob Winter. Album named by Brett Wihera
71. Band named by James Brophy. Album by Juan Rodriquez
70. As named by Hillary Lannan
69. As named by Paul Adams.
NOTE: this was the first of the NO REFERENCING EXISTING BAND NAMES rule. It was becoming too much of a crutch. Way too easy to go there and we’d get 10 if the same ones. It was stale and I needed to up the difficulty. I’m sure you’ll see they’ve gotten much smarter, surprising and funnier since the rule.
68. As named by Marc “Algorithm” Einhorn
67. As named by Marty Richter.
66. As named by Tyler Hampton.
65. This band was named by Jason Harris.
64. As named by Adam Schwartz
63. As named by Todd Grant
62. As named by Bill Stahl
61. As named by Erin Goodsell
60. As named by Lyn Woodward
(First one in a long while)
Band named by Jon Soto
Band named by Mark Kirby
Album named by Marc (on a roll) Einhorn
Band named by Marc Einhorn
Albums named by Tracy Moore
Band as named by Dave Brady
Album as named by Mark Mazut
Band named by Steven Rovery
Album name is a tie between Christy Van House and Karen Polsky Halstead.
Band named by Mark Mazut.
Album by Jon Soto
The band was named by Liz Mac
and the album by Richard North.
Band, as named by Adam Schwartz
Album, as named by Bob Wendelken
50. Band, as named by Stephen Goldblatt (record of highest vote count to date at 60!)
Album, as named by Javier Alvarez
Band as named by Marc Einhorn.
Album as named by David Fisher
48a Sidebar challenge.
This After School Special Edition
As named by Marc Einhorn
48. Band named by Mike Tuton. Album names by Javier Alvarez
Band as named by Doug Patterson
Album as named by Jon Soto.
Tie for bands name. As named by Marc Einhorn and Tyler Hampton.
Album, as named by Dion Hughes
Tie for the band. As named by myself and Serin Silva
Album name was mine. And it’s just eh.
Tie. Band as named by Crockett Jeffers and Donna Purcell Gleason
Album as named by George Brianka
Tie for band name: Joseph Mannix & Adam Schwartz
Album named by Hillary Lannan
Band as named by Hillary Lannan
Album as named by the Hillary Lannan
(Side note: Hillary’s Rookie showing)
Band named by Monique Verrier.
Album named by Ernest Lupinacci
40. As named by Antony Goldstein.
39. Tie. As named by Joe “Nadkins.com” Caccamo and Jon Soto
38. As named by Joe “Nadkins.com” Caccamo
37. Tie. As named by Ryan Dancik and Bob Winter
36. As named by Owen Bly
35. As named by Marty Richter.
34. As named by Jon Soto.
33. As named by Crockett Jeffers.
32. As named by Jon Soto
31. Tie. As named by Ian Kalman and Al Mooney.
Best voting to date. Lots of close ones. Hi-five.
30. As named by Mike Fruin
29. As named by Mark Mazut
28. As named by Brian Freeman
27. As named by Jon Soto
26. Tie. As named by George Brianka and Joseph Caccamo.
25. As named by Peter Hadcock
Yes, the band is really named Sleep … you guys are very smart and soooo tapped in (eye roll) … now shut up and play the damned game.
24. As named by Dave Herman
Photo Credit: Sean Welsh. He actually shot this too. That’s a good commute if I do say so myself.
23. As named by Ryan Dancik
Photo credit to Dion Hughes.
My fave album art to date next to the Bee Jays.
22. Tie. As named by Rich North and Bob Wendelken
21. As named by Adam Schwartz
20. As named by Eric Ronin
19. As named by Javier Alvarez
18. As named by Jon Soto
17. As named by Dave Gray
16. As named by Jon Soto
As named by Spencer Bradley
As named by Mike Fruin
As named by Bill (Billy) Scorzari
12. As named by Jon Soto
11. Too many good ones. Here’s the top 4. Namers: Jon Soto, Josh McHugh, Mike Fruin and Steve Amick
Tie. As named by Joe Caccamo and Adam Schwartz
As named by Rich North
8. Three way Tie. As named by Anneli Skaar, Ronnie Northrop & Roger Camp
7. Tie. As named by Anneli Skaar and Tom Young
6. As named by Steve Rovery
5. As named by Payo
4. Tie. As named by Jon Soto & Allen Raulet
3. As named by Jon Soto
2. As named by Rich North
1. As named by Julian Katz